01233 506201 Menu Search

Permitted Development Rights for rural buildings

Given the state of the housing market, it’s not surprising there’s a growing interest in how property owners can transform their agricultural buildings into homes through the Permitted Development Rights (PDR) process.

Published by Hobbs Parker Property Consultants

The current legislation offers an excellent opportunity to farmers and landowners to quickly and cost-effectively secure planning permission for new dwellings in rural areas. It applies to buildings up to 450m2 in area and/or three dwellings, but excludes agricultural buildings within the AONB.

So far this year every PDR application submitted by the Hobbs Parker team has been successful. As with all planning related matters, early advice is vital.

  • This article was first published in the Spring 2016 edition of our quarterly newsletter Outlook

Valuable advice from our Property Consultants

Would you like us to send you a quick email when we publish our next article?

We'll help you make the most of your property assets.