A repair is only an emergency if the health or safety of the tenant is in danger or if the building or property is at risk.
Please be aware that if a contractor comes out to you on an emergency but the fault is not deemed as an emergency then you will be liable to pay for the costs.
If you experience an emergency while our offices are closed, you will need to instruct a contractor yourself. You may have to pay the contractor at the time of their visit.
These costs will be reimbursed providing the call-out is deemed an emergency.
For the following emergencies please call:
- Plumbing and Gas Boilers – Paul Masterson on 07909 995794.
- Oil Fired Boilers – Oil Heating Oil Cookers on 01233 770138.
- Roofing – John Cossey Roofing & Maintenance on 07976 825818.
- Locks – SOS Locks on 07950 856837.
- Electrics – 240 Volts on 07851 739702.
- Drainage – R Harvey on 01233 628279 (as a tenant it is your responsibility to keep drains free of blockages).
Please mention that you are a Hobbs Parker Residential Lettings tenant. Should the appropriate contractor be unavailable, or for other issues, please use an alternative, local contractor.
Please send us an email as soon as the problem arises, and with any updates, to email@example.com.
Examples of Emergencies
- Major leaks in pipes or roofs
- Boiler fault resulting in no heating where the outside temperature is below 10 degrees
- Malfunctioning electrics
- Broken locks, doors or windows resulting in the property being unable to be secured
Examples of Non-Emergencies
- Broken oven
- Lost keys
- Shower not working
- Blocked toilet (as a tenant it is your responsibility to keep drains free of blockages)