The Livestock Auctioneers Association have been continuing consultations with DEFRA and Ministers regarding the operation of markets and the important role Livestock Markets play in the food supply chain.
All Livestock Markets must adhere to the social distancing measures announced by the Government. This means limiting the number of people attending sales. Crowding of people must stop.
In Ashford we ask you to please take this seriously and listen to our requests. We need you to work with us to minimise the number of individuals in the market in order to reduce the potential risk of transmission of Covid-19.
Due to the recent developments in the government guidelines relating to Covid-19, Hobbs Parker Auctioneers, here in Ashford Market, will be following recommendations from the Livestock Auctioneers Association and we confirm that from Friday 6th November and onwards:
- We will be once again implementing a “Drop and go Policy” and no vendors will be permitted to attend the market other than to deliver stock.
- Only registered buyers must enter either the penning areas or sales ring.
- Customers wear a face covering whilst at market.
- Social distancing, high standards of hygiene and responsible behaviour to others should be maintained.
- Strict control of the numbers attending market is asked for and both buyers and sellers should not bring additional people with them to market.
Everyone attending the market must:
- Register with name and contact details in the Foyer at the entrance to the market
- Comply with social distancing measures
- Wear a face covering on the premises – the Government confirmed on 24th August 2020 that face coverings MUST be worn by all customers and other visitors attending English indoor livestock markets.
Please help us to ensure your market remains open and operational
We will provide updates via our printed weekly sales news and emails.
Please make sure you have signed up for our email alerts here.